Dr. Sandy Chuan
Dr. Sandy Chuan
Sandy S. Chuan, M.D.
San Diego Fertility Center is pleased to announce the newest addition to our fertility care team, Dr. Sandy Chuan
Dr. Sandy S. Chuan is a fertility specialist board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She embarked on her medical career as an undergraduate, at the University of California where she received a Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences and a Bachelors of Arts in Comparative Literature. She obtained her medical degree from the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine.
Following her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Loma Linda University Medical Center, Dr. Chuan completed her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Chuan received numerous honors and awards throughout her medical education and residency. At Loma Linda University she was presented with the Outstanding Senior Resident Physician Award and was named Berlex Best Teaching Resident.
Dr. Chuan has extensive research experience spanning various topics including the role of HCG in assisted reproduction, follicular development in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome and detecting sperm maturation for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. In addition to her clinical research, she has published a wide spectrum of articles and presented medical findings at various events hosted by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the Endocrine Society and UCLA. A member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, ASRM and the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dr. Chuan stays up to date on the latest technological and medical advancements.
"Each patient I care for is unique. My goal is to individualize treatment in order to offer each patient the best opportunity for success in their fertility journey. Having children is a precious gift. I want more than anything to help my patients achieve this milestone in their life with compassion and understanding." - Dr. Sandy Chuan
Dr. Chuan relocated with her family to the United States she was 8 years old. As a result of her international upbringing, she is fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, allowing her to care for patients in both languages. Dr. Chuan is committed to providing comprehensive and excellent clinical care to patients in the Temecula Valley, San Diego region and from around the globe.
When she’s not spending time with her 3 children, Dr. Chuan enjoys singing, reading and amateur photography.
Board Certification & Eligibility
- Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Internship and Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Medical Doctorate, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelors of Science, Biological Sciences and Bachelors of Arts, Comparative Literature, University of California, Irvine, CA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Senior Resident Physician Award, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 2007
- Berlex Best Teaching Resident, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 2005
- Letter of Distinction in Internal Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, 2002
- Daniel Ko Memorial Scholarship, Asian American Physician Association, 2001