“It is amazing how you provide such excellent care and still manage to make patients feel special.” — SDFC Patient
Del Mar Surgery Center
An Outstanding Facility for Ambulatory Surgical Care
The Del Mar Surgery Center, adjacent to the San Diego Fertility Center, is an outstanding facility for ambulatory surgical care. Our goal is to ensure that you receive the highest quality care in a comfortable, warm atmosphere. The Del Mar Surgery Center is certified and licensed by the state of California, Medicare and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Surgery Center Staff
Anesthesia is administered by licensed, board-certified anesthesiologists. The nursing staff is highly trained, ACLS qualified and experienced in ambulatory surgery care. Friendly, compassionate and respectful patient care is an integral part of our services.
Preparing for Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight preceding surgery unless otherwise instructed by your physician. Check with your physician before taking any medication. Take a shower or bath and wash your hair the night before the procedure. Please do not chew gum.
- If you experience any change in your physical condition, please contact your physician. Talk with your doctor so that you fully understand your surgical procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- Bring a list of medications you are currently taking, or if you wish, bring the actual prescriptions to show to the doctor. If you are diabetic, please consult with your doctor concerning your morning insulin.
- Bring your insurance information and completed patient forms.
- Do not bring any valuables with you. This includes large amounts of cash, jewelry, rings or watches.
Please note: If your surgery is scheduled before 7:30 am, please go directly to the Del Mar Surgery Suite #110 down the hall from the San Diego Fertility Center and Changes Plastic Surgery.
After Your Operation
You will be transferred to the recovery room where you will be monitored until discharge criteria is met. Please have a responsible adult available to drive you home. For your safety, we also advise having someone with you for 24 hours following your procedure.
Before going home you will be given a complete list of post-operative instructions to follow. The nurse will review these instructions with you and answer any questions you may have. Pain medication will be prescribed for you, if needed.
Del Mar Surgery Center Nurses
The nurses who care for patients after surgery are very attentive and caring. Cory Weaver, Kerri Gemar, Cindy Christiansen, Michelle Kemp, Jill Mand, and Amy Hogan have many years of experience in patient care and can answer any questions you may have about your surgery. They will ensure that your check-in, procedure, and follow-up go very smoothly.
Information For Physicians
OR block times are available. Call Cory Weaver at (619) 837-2726 to schedule a guided tour and request more information.
Location & Contact Information:
Convenient and easy access for patients and physicians in North Coastal San Diego. We are conveniently located in Del Mar near Interstate 5, 805 and 56.
11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Phone: (619) 837-2726