Dr. Michael Kettel
L. Michael Kettel, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Michael Kettel graduated with honors from the University of Arizona. He joined the San Diego Fertility Center in 1996 after serving as the Director of Infertility Services and as a member of the academic faculty at the University of California, San Diego for more than 6 years. Following his residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Utah, he completed a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Kettel is board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Kettel is also certified as a High Complexity Laboratory Director with additional expertise in Human Embryology and Andrology. This unique certification places him among very few fertility doctors who have sought out this additional training and expertise. He is a member of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons, the Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
Helping couples start their family is one of the greatest privileges and pleasures in reproductive medicine. I chose this field because of the joy and happiness that comes with success. I treat each couple individually to provide specialized treatment plans that apply specifically to their needs and desires. Our approach combines the intelligence and integrity to educate and provide realistic expectations for each situation. We always hope that each patient here at the San Diego Fertility Center holds on to their dreams.
He has received many academic and teaching awards and has published over 100 scientific papers, articles and book chapters on the treatment of endometriosis, uterine fibroids and ovulatory disorders that lead to infertility and is a Clinical Professor at UCSD. Dr. Kettel has been identified by his peers as a top infertility doctor & specialist. He is one of the "Best Doctors in America" (1996-2014) and one of the "Best Doctors in San Diego" according to the San Diego County Medical Society since 2001. He has received over $1,000,000 in support for research grants and has been actively involved in clinical research trials exploring new and novel ways to enhance success in IVF, ovulation induction and adhesion prevention. His recent interest lies in the area of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and novel new delivery systems for hormonal medication.
- Fellowship Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of California, San Diego.
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Utah
- M.D. with honors University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.S. with honors Pharmacy, University of Arizona
- Obstetrics and Gynecology 1990
- Reproductive Endocrinology 1991
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- California Medical Association Endocrine Society
- California Medical Association
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- Pacific Coast Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- San Diego County Medical Society
- San Diego Gynecological Society
- San Diego Reproductive Endocrine Society
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
- Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Southwest Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
- The Endocrine Society
- Clinical Professor, University of California, San Diego, 2003-present.
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, San Diego, 1995-2003.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California, San Diego, 1989-1995
- Clinical Instructor, University of of California, San Diego, 1987-89
Authored over 100 research papers, and book chapters on endometriosis, uterine fibroids, ovulatory disorders, and infertility. For details please go to the expanded CV.