Dr. Sandy Chuan
Sandy S. Chuan, MD F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Sandy Chuan is a double board-certified fertility specialist, with extensive experience in complex IVF cases and third-party reproduction. She is known for delivering individualized care; combining the best of science with compassion to optimize the chance for success for every patient. During her career as a fertility specialist, Dr. Chuan has received numerous awards including America’s “Top Doctor” from 2017-2019 and in 2018 Dr. Chuan was named "Top Doctor" by the San Diego County Medical Society (SDCMS) in San Diego Magazine.
Her particular areas of interest include PCOS, diminished ovarian reserve, fertility preservation, mini stimulation, male factor infertility and PGT. She is also passionate about family building for patients who hope to become parents through egg donation and/or surrogacy. She is privileged to provide cutting-edge care with a great track record of success, to patients both in the U.S. and across the globe.
Dr. Chuan is double-board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She graduated from the University of California Irvine (UCI) as a double major in Biology and Comparative literature with a minor in Chinese. She earned her Medical Doctorate from the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine (UCLA) in 2003. During her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at the Loma Linda University Medical Center, she won top awards for clinical excellence and teaching including Outstanding Senior Resident Physician and Berlex Best Teaching Resident.
In 2007, Dr. Chuan embarked upon her career as a fertility specialist. She completed a 2-year research fellowship, in addition to a 3-year clinical fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). As a result of her extensive research experience, Dr. Chuan is able to critically evaluate new data in the ever-changing field of assisted reproductive technology and incorporate the latest scientific knowledge into clinical care. Her publications spanning various topics including polycystic ovarian syndrome, the role of HCG in assisted reproduction, and sperm factor in IVF.
Each patient I care for is unique. My goal is to individualize treatment in order to offer each patient the best opportunity for success in their fertility journey. Having children is a precious gift. I want more than anything to help my patients achieve this milestone in their life with compassion and understanding.
Dr. Chuan immigrated to the US from Taiwan with her family at the age of 8. Due to her international upbringing, Dr. Chuan is fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, photography, singing, crafts and reading.
- Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Internship and Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Medical Doctorate, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelors of Science, Biological Sciences and Bachelors of Arts, Comparative Literature, University of California, Irvine, CA
Board Certification & Eligibility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Awards and Honors
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, 2017
- Outstanding Senior Resident Physician Award, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 2007
- Berlex Best Teaching Resident, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 2005
- Letter of Distinction in Internal Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, 2002
- Daniel Ko Memorial Scholarship, Asian American Physician Association, 2001